1. Clip nails short. 2. File and buffer nails to get rid of any rigid edges. 3. Paint two coats of base color.
4. While still wet, clean up any mistakes.
5. Paint one or two coats of any glitter or sparkle polish (I used this in place of a top coat).
6. Again, clean up any mistakes.
7. Final product (Boom Boom Pow took a little longer to dry).
I recently purchased the Essie Nail Corrector Pen after stumbling upon this post by Emily Schuman. Since I clearly have an obsession with nail polish, changing my color nearly twice a week, this purchase only felt necessary (how did I not know about this?). This past weekend I paired Essie Turquoise and Caicos with Deborah Lippmann’s Boom Boom Pow for a fun, sparkly manicure. Although the pictures did not catch the full effect of the gold glitter, my nails look absolutely gorgeous in sunlight.