Because you can’t kick off the start of summer without creating a bucket list, I’m sharing a few things we’re looking forward to this year. Since we’ve had such a harsh winter, they’re saying this summer might be a scorcher. So, while I have a good list going, we may just end up at the pool everyday or cooped up in the house, AC blasting, watching movies. Can you tell, I’m not a heat person, lol. I’d love to hear what’s on your summer bucket list!
S H O P T H E P O S T :
OUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Have a picnic – This was on my spring to-do list, but the weather was still all over the place, so it’s a must this summer. Gotta love people watching, relaxing, and sipping your favorite white.
- Go to the pool – There’s a huge pool that’s part of our community, but I have yet to try it out. I should have went last week when all the kids were still in school… shoot! Would love a day to just sit around by the pool (in the shade), people watch, and read a book.
- Head to the beach – Okay, we’ve been living in Oregon for over a year and half and we still haven’t made our way to the beach. But, I’m determined to change that. The weather is significantly cooler on the coast, so we should probably go during a heat wave.
- Go wine tasting – Yup, still haven’t been to our favorite, Stoller, this year. Maybe we’ll tackle wine tasting and a picnic next week.
- Redecorate our living room (including paint it!) – We’ve been given the go-ahead on painting the downstairs, which I’m super excited about. New paint (bright white) + some new stuff will help spruce things up for summer.
- Visit the Bay Area – I mentioned earlier this week we’re headed to the Bay Area at the end of July. I can’t wait to see family and eat my heart out (bring on the Mexican food).
- Late night family walks (because it doesn’t get dark here until 9pm) – It gets dark so late. Oftentimes I find myself curled up in bed while it’s still daylight. Definitely something you have to get used to when you move here. It’s nice to take the dogs on a walk and admire all the houses around us.
- BBQ’s at my aunt’s house – My aunt just got a new backyard furniture set, so bring on the BBQ’s. Nothing beats sitting around outside on a warm night just shootin’ the breeze.
- Rose Garden – We went to see the roses last year in the spring, so hopefully more will have blossomed now that we’re going in the summer. Stay tuned for photos!
In outfit related news, can you believe this is my first 2 piece set? And how cute is the stripe on stripe? Honestly, Everlane has the best basics. If you haven’t checked out the brand yet, I would definitely recommend it. Next week I’m going to do a full post on all my favorite pieces, fit, etc., so be sure to stay tuned. I believe the website says both the shorts and hoodie are from their beach collection, but I’m over here wearing what feels like loungewear out to lunch. Hey, sometimes you gotta say F it and own it, right? The shorts run TTS and have a high-waisted feel and the hoodie is cropped, so make sure you’re into that sort of thing. I’m wearing an xs in both.
S H O P E V E R L A N E