While I was in Oregon my aunt whipped me up this amazing pasta dinner. I swear, when you’re a foodie/ person who loves to cook these kinda things just come so natural and taste WAY better when they do it. The pasta is so simple, yet SO good and flavorful. Even Mike had couple bites and loved it! I tried to make a version of this on my own once I got home and it definitely didn’t taste as good… but, I think this dish is one I’m going to learn to perfect.
Brown rice penne (Trader Joes)
Red chili flakes
1. Boil brown rice penne in salted water. Takes about 8 minutes. Rinse pasta under cold water and let sit.
2. Saute garlic, red chili flakes, and olive oil until garlic yellows.
3. Throw in the cut broccolini.
4. Once the broccolini has cooked a little, toss in the sundried tomatoes and kalamata olives.
5. Add pasta once your veggies are tender.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Sprinkle some basil and drizzle olive oil on top and serve!