Crispy Peanut Butter Cups
Last weekend I took a shot at The Edible Perspective’s Peanut Butter Crunch Cups. When I saw peanut butter, chocolate, vegan, and no random ingredients, I knew it was a must try! Although they aren’t as pretty as I’d like, these babies are the most delicious things I’ve ever tasted! And the sea salt at the top, yum-ayyy! Adding the brown rice cereal gives it that crunch and really makes these extra special.
These are extremely easy to make, adaptable to all your favs, and absolutely delicuous- A MUST TRY!
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Brown rice cereal
- Sea Salt
Directions (from The Edible Perspective)
- Line a muffin pan.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30sec increments, stirring after each 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Spoon a small amount, about 3/4 tsp, into the bottom of each cup.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2-1tsp of cereal on top. Lightly press into the chocolate.
- Place on a flat shelf in your freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir the peanut butter, powdered sugar until combined and smooth.
- Add 1tbl of the peanut butter mixture to each cup, keeping it centered. No need to spread.
- Top each cup with about 1 1/4tsp of melted chocolate to cover the peanut butter. I lightly spread the chocolate around with a spoon.
- Top with a sprinkle of sea salt, or whatever else you like.
- Let set in the fridge or freezer and store in a sealed container.