Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
I enjoy eating healthy, but I also love baking new vegan recipes. This is where the guys in your life play a major role; they will try and eat pretty much anything =). No matter how unhealthy it is, or how vegan it taste, the bf will do the honors of eating it up (thanks hun!). I’m not a huge cinnamon roll eater and have not had one in ages… they aren’t very vegan, but after seeing these, I knew I wanted to have a go at it.
A couple nights ago I tried this simple, mini cinnamon roll recipe. Lets just say, it took me two tries… my second batch was more of a success; moist, sweet, and edible!
- Preheat oven to 450 degree.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Cut in the vegan margarine and using your fingers, message the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the vanilla soy milk until the dough gets thick and soft (w/ hands).
- Ball the dough up and set it on a floured surface.
- Roll the dough into a long rectangular shape and brush the top with melted vegan margarine and sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- From long side, tightly roll up and cut into 1 inch rolls (15 total).
- Place rolls into a greased pan and bake for 12-14 min or until puffy and golden.
- Start with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- Add vanilla soy milk a tbl at a time until you reach a desired thickness.