Vegetable Stir Fry
Happy Friday! Doing anything fun this weekend? Aside from watching the Super Bowl (obvs), Mike and I will be attending baby Hayley’s first birthday party, watching the last bit of season 5 of Mad Men, and stopping by the farmers market. We’ve had some amazing weather this week, I hope it sticks around! Oh, what a little warmth will do to your soul.
Today, I leave you with this super simple and yummy veggie stir fry (vegan & gf). I would normally use chopped peanuts, but instead, threw in cashews for a more creamy taste. Be careful on the sriracha sauce, it can get spicy. Enjoy!
Brown rice noodles
Soy Sauce (gf)
Sriracha sauce (whole foods)
Salt & pepper
1. Boil rice noodles in salted water for about 7 minutes or until tender.
2. Rinse noodles under cold water and let sit.
3. Saute sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and sriracha sauce until garlic turns a bit yellow.
4. Add veggies and cook until tender.
5. Once the veggies are ready, toss in the rice noodles.
6. Salt and pepper to taste. If it’s too dry/not enough sauce add more soy sauce, sesame oil, and/or sriracha sauce.
7. Once it’s done, toss in the green onions, cilantro, and chopped cashews. Toss in heated wok and serve.
*Clearly, I don’t work in measurements. But then again, you probably don’t need to be perfect on this dish. Whatever works.