20 Things to do in the Spring
Anyone else ridiculously excited it’s spring?! I should be over-the-moon thrilled for sunshine, warm weather, and cherry blossom trees, but I think I’m just happy we’re inching closer to summer. I don’t know how much spring we’re going to get here. It’s been one of the worst winters Portland has seen in years and while it’s not snowing, 40 degrees is not going to cut it. Thankfully, I have this place on the Internet where I can pretend it’s not rainy and windy and talk about and share pretty spring finds with all of you.
S H O P T H E P O S T
Spring is such an exciting time of year. It’s like a fresh start. Saying goodbye to winter, putting all your cold-weather essentials away, spring cleaning, flowers blooming, and more time outside – just writing those words make me smile. Since springs sort of kicks off the beginning of warm weather season (hopefully for us soon), I’m sharing my favorite things to do in the spring, a bucket list if you will. If you have any traditions or to-do’s you love to do in the spring, I’d love to hear about them!
20 Things to do in the Spring
- Grill outside – We love sitting outside on a warm day, sipping rose or a glass of pinot grigio. My aunt is a grill master. Her grilled veggies are AMAZING!
- Head to a farmers market – We have yet to get to a farmers market since we moved (um, yikes). We used to go every Sunday while in the Bay Area. A must for sure!
- Ride Bikes – Mike and I are planning on getting bikes with baskets to ride around our neighborhood with the pups.
- Clean out your closet – This is actually in the works right now. Everything will be on my Shop Crystalin’s Closet page soon!
- Read on the porch – We get direct sun on our porch, so once it warms up, I’ll be all over that! We’ll probably need to get some chairs out there first, lol.
- Have a picnic – Picnics are one of my favorite outdoor activities when the weather is warm. Snacks, wine, games, and people watching – you can’t really beat that. Check out this picnic shoot from last summer.
- Bake cookies with the windows open – Um yes please! Put on some music and let in all the natural light. Sounds like the perfect afternoon to me.
- Grab iced coffee with your girlfriends – I love a good catch up sesh over coffee. Does anyone else feel like iced coffees are underrated. They’re refreshing, but also put me in the best moods.
- Explore your city – We still have so much to explore in Oregon. We can’t wait for it to warm up to finally get out and get lost.
- Stop by your local flower shop – If you’re like me, you get your weekly flowers while grocery shopping. Easy and affordable. But I must say, every so often, picking up flowers from a flower shop is such a nice treat. One of those treat yourself moments and spring is the perfect time to do that. You can see my favorite local spot in this post.
- Read a stack of magazines – Add your favorite beverage and this just sounds so delightful. With so much time spent on the computer and phone, it’s nice to take some time to lounge around with a couple magazines.
- Brunch al fresco – Eating outside when the weather is warm is everything. You kind of take it for granted when you live in California. Let me tell you, we’ll be sitting outside every chance we get. Check out my favorite thing to eat al fresco in this post.
- Go wine tasting – We live right next to the road that takes you to wine country. And wine country here is beautiful. We can’t wait to spend our weekends frolicking around the Willamette Valley. See our post at Oswego Hills Winery and Stoller Family Estate.
- Go on a hike – We’re not big hikers, but the scenery is so beautiful here and it’s a great way to explore our city.
- Take your workouts outside – We can’t wait to get back to our track workouts (full post here), but I’m also excited to go for runs.
- Play golf and/or tennis – We’re a big tennis family, so it will be nice to get out and actually play. We’ve played a lot of golf with my aunt and uncle since moving here. It will be nice to get back out there.
- Go strawberry picking – We’ve never done this, so hopefully we can get around to it this year. Plus, strawberries are my favorite!
- Go to an outdoor concert – If you can handle the dirt, these are always super fun. There’s the big ones like Coachella and Outside Lands, but there’s also local concerts you can go to as well.
- Go to an outdoor sporting event – soccer or baseball anyone? It will most likely be a soccer game for us (because Oregon doesn’t have a baseball team), but events like this are always fun. Whether you go for the game, food, or people watching, it’s nice to get outside and hang out with friends and family.
- Drive with your windows down and turn on the music full blast – Nothing beats belting out your favorite tunes with the windows down while getting the fresh warm breeze on your face, aaahh, I can feel it now.