I’ve been meaning to add more legging jeans to my closet for a while now. You see, I was initially anti jeggings, but I’ve come to find out, they’re actually really flattering for petites. So, when Maurices asked me to try out a pair of their new denim-flex jegging jeans (these are an xs), I jumped at the chance. For the price, these jeans are great! They’re soft, flexible, and feel like you’re running around in stretch pants. Also, I’m obsessed with this color. This is my first time wearing gray jeans, but I’m hooked!
If you’re looking to add affordable denim to your fall wardrobe, check out Maurice’s denim collection. They’re a ton of fun washes and everything is super budget-friendly!
* This post was sponsored by Maurices, however, all opinions expressed here are my own. As always, thank you for supporting all Crystalin Marie partnerships!
1. Spray Garnier Fructis De-Contructed texture tease on roots down to mid-shaft on dry hair and scrunch in with your hands.
2. Section off your hair to start curling. I divide my hair into threes (bottom, middle, top).
3. Take pieces of your hair and curl away from your face (this is a 1.5 inch barrel).
4. Once your entire bottom section is curled, release the middle section of your hair.
5. Again, curl away from your face and make sure you leave the ends straight. This gives your hair a more wave look.
6. Once your entire middle section is curled, release the top section of your hair.
7. This top section is the most important when it comes to the curl. You want to make sure you start the curl as close to your part as possible and leave the ends straight. Once you’re done curling, shake your hair around to loosen up your curls and reactive your texture tease spray and there you have it!
The texturizing spray really adds the perfect finishing touch. Not only does my hair look fuller, but you can really see the texture in my curls.
As I’m sure you can tell, I wear my hair curled or wavy pretty much all the time. If it’s not down and curled, it’s up in a ponytail. I have a thing with my hair straight, it just looks super blah to me and I hate how flat it gets. Mike has a different opinion, but what does he really know?
Anyway, for those of you asking how I get my waves, this is the tutorial for you! On regular days I simply add a volumizing tonic to my roots and that’s it. Because I don’t use a holding spray, the curls fall and I get that more waved look. For occasion-specific hair, like weddings, I typically use a product to hold my curls, add texture, and for an overall finishing touch and extra oomph. Lately, I’ve been using this texturizing spray from Garnier Fructis. Not only does this spray hold, but it adds a really nice texture to the curls and adds a ton of volume to my hair. Anything that gives me extra volume holds a special place in my heart! The great thing about curling your hair like this, you can wear it more natural for everyday (like I do) or use a product like Garnier Fructis texture tease and make it a little more special for those occasion-specific events.
Learn it, Do it, Rock it with Garnier Fructis Style.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Garnier Fructis via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Garnier Fructis.
As you know by now, I treat denim as a neutral and tend to build my outfits around all my favorite washes and styles. I love that jeans can be dressed up or down and used as a basic when trying just about any new trend throughout the year. It really is the perfect base piece to make an outfit your own.
Target’s fall denim collection is all about fun new styles, shades, and details (moto, coated, light wash, skinny boyfriend, etc.) and they challenged me to step out of my denim comfort zone to try a new trend and make it my own. I do not discriminate when it comes to jeans, but I have yet to really indulge in the light wash trend. It’s definitely not as easy to wear as medium to dark washes, but I took on the challenge with a pair of light wash skinny boyfriend jeans. I paired them with some of my fall essentials and made it my own with a pop of leopard. I wasn’t sure how well I would pulled these off, but I really like the soft wash and it’s a nice change of pace.
Now it’s your turn. I denim dare you to either step out of your comfort zone with it comes to jeans (try a new wash or style) or really use denim as a neutral and play up a fun new fall trend.
Find your style @targetstyle.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.